Starting a business is hard and even more stressful is choosing the right name for your business. Your business name will always depend on you, after all you will be the one operating and representing it. But
1. Don't be a copycat - You might say that it's obviously against the law but some start ups do use this lame technique in trying to ride with a successful name brand. Ex. naming your business based on a popular movie, or naming a device eye-pad that sounds like Apple's Ipad.
2. Choose a unique/positive/fun sounding name - Google and Nike are good examples of unique and fun names.
3. Avoid names that are difficult to pronounce or hard to spell - You got to aim for quick recall.
4. Don't create a name based on current fads or trends - Because there's a big possibility that your business will go away when the trend does. and
5. Check if the domain name is also available - Having an online presence is a must in today's business world so better check if the domain name of the business name that you're considering is still available.
That's it! I hope you've learned a thing or two from this topic and if you have additional tips in mind, please feel free to hit the reply button.